Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pinhole Camera in progress


So, today I've been working on a pinhole camera. Right now, it still needs to be painted, taped and tested out, but here's what it looks like in the meantime. The cigar box came from an antique store in Portland that doesn't seem to have a website. The wooden nickel came from Bart and Greg's DVD Explosion, the screw the nickel pivots on came from an old VHS tape about Rodin that I bought on sale at the Portland Museum of Art and which had melted in the sun and the belt (which you can't see in this picture, but it serves as the camera strap) came from Goodwill. The decal on the front of the box "I have Chained the Sun to Serve me" was scanned from the back of an old CDV (Carte de visite). I'll keep you posted on how it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment